Chiropractor SEO: Why Every Chiropractor Needs An SEO Company
Be Found On Google. Attract Patients. Convert Visitors.
As a chiropractor, it can prove challenging to bring in new patients to your local chiropractic office. Sometimes, chiropractors will get patients via referrals from other medical practitioners. However, most people will simply run a quick search for chiropractic care on search engines like Google or Bing and give the top two or three listings a call.
To take advantage of search engines, you need a chiropractic SEO strategy run by an SEO company or Chiropractor SEO experts. By working your way towards those ever-important top local search results, you’ll increase your chances of getting new customers with the power of SEO digital marketing.
Below, we’ve outlined the main reasons to pursue an SEO and digital marketing strategy and the essential steps to follow to reach success.
Get Your Free Chiropractor SEO Proposal
Free Proposal Quicker Than Other SEO Companies!
3 Reasons Chiropractors Should Begin a Local SEO Campaign
To break it down even further, we’re going over three specific reasons you should begin a local search campaign through search engine optimization and marketing strategies.
1) Google Rankings
Remember back when phone books and yellow pages were the solutions to find local businesses or something you needed locally? Not anymore. Now, small businesses need a local SEO strategy if they want to stay in business. Very rarely do people use yellow pages anymore, and if you’re hoping to bring more chiropractic patients to your chiropractic practice, you need to be online (and no, social media platforms don’t count as being online). People are even starting to use voice search with their smart home devices!
When it comes to organic search (i.e., people typing in “Chiropractor back pain near me” in Google), it doesn’t matter if you’re the best chiropractor or have the best website design. Potential clients won’t be able to find you, they’ll find other websites of other chiropractic practices. That means you’ll need website content (i.e., a blog post), a social media presence, general social media management, or even pay-per-click ads to bring traffic to your website.
Nearly 97 percent of consumers are now going online when looking for services or products locally. Online visibility – that’s a great big customer base you’re missing out on without SEO marketing campaigns.
2) Potential for Free Organic Traffic
If we told you there was a ton of completely free online marketing website traffic out there just waiting to find your website, would you take it? Well, there is. Paid advertising can quickly add up for any business. Improving your Google ranking by utilizing Chiropractor SEO services or even going through a thorough SEO audit process, can be completely free and land you a whole host of new website visitors through your SEO efforts. Then, you can convert those visitors into new patients!
3) Quick Results
Huge companies with international reach often have a hard time seeing any immediate results from their SEO efforts. Their SEO experts have to deal with website content, guest posts, and social media outside of the United States. But not local businesses like chiropractic, because you’re only competing with the direct competitors in the same area. That means with a chiropractic SEO strategy, from a chiropractor SEO expert or a dedicated SEO team, you can make your way to the first page of Google’s search results and see your numbers quickly improve.
This means a dedicated set of Chiropractic SEO experts handling your link-building campaign, marketing strategy, technical SEO, on-page SEO, off-page SEO, title tags, meta data, and possibly, conversion rates depending on certain SEO packages. If this all sounds like gibberish, no need to worry, that’s what a Chiropractor SEO Company is for, and we’ll elaborate more below.
A Successful Chiropractic Business Needs A Successful Website
A chiropractic website can serve as a powerful SEO digital marketing tool for your chiropractic practice when done correctly. However, if it’s set up incorrectly or managed poorly, it can weigh your company down with expenses but not much ROI to show for it.
So, what qualifies your chiropractic website as a “successful,” well-designed website?
- For starters, create a home page that captures your potential clients attention and keeps them interested in becoming a new patient for your chiropractic services.
- Then, be sure to add on some information about your practice and methodology so new patients can get a sense of what their experience would be like at your clinic.
- You’ll also want to share the doctors’ credentials and bios to verify their authority for any new patient interested in your credentials. If you’ve gotten any type of awards or recognition for “best chiropractor in X city”, share that as well.
- Next, be sure to showcase your clinic’s services with a description of treatment options for any new patient. For example, targeted keywords like “back pain” or “neck pain” should be one of the services you highlight and how you can treat it. If you specialize in sports injuries, make sure to showcase that.
- Finally, add on a contact page so that any website visitor will be able to pick up the phone to call you or drive to your office location. People search for contact information frequently so make sure you have this. This will all boost your SEO ranking as well.
- Lastly, you may want to offer new patient specials or new patient offerings and give them more incentive to call! You could also use this to capture emails for future email marketing.
These few tips above are all SEO best practices for organic search and overall website success.
A Responsive Website
Another key aspect of successful chiropractic websites is responsiveness. What is responsiveness, and why is it so important?
Responsiveness refers to how quickly your site responds to visitor actions and formatting changes. For example, do the best chiropractic websites pull up correctly when accessed via phone vs. desktop? If a new customer clicks “contact here,” does the page load within a few seconds? Website design, responsiveness, and page speed are all things to consider improving always. This is all a part of “technical SEO.”
When a website and its’ web pages are very responsive, it offers a few benefits to your chiropractic business:
- Mobile-friendly – A responsive site works well on any mobile device.
- Uninterrupted user experience – There are no delays when new patients are trying to access the site.
- Works on any resolution – The site will automatically adjust to whatever size and resolution are needed.
Spending some time on this will make all of your digital marketing efforts worth it in the end. Again, if you’re not sure how to do this on your own and want us to help, reach out to us here.
SEO Optimized Content For People Looking For A Chiropractor
The content that lives on your website is also an integral part of a truly successful chiropractor website. The content should not only be plentiful, but it should also be high-quality for the best results and be tailored for your target audience. For example, if you want your local business to rank higher, you must use have the right SEO targets and the right chiropractic keywords during your content creation process. This is what makes or breaks your SEO efforts. Using the wrong title tags for your blog post
To start creating high-quality content:
- Think about the search terms used on Google that your potential patients might be typing in. Then, create content around those terms following SEO best practices. This will help Google index your site for those terms so you can land high up in the rankings!
- Offer solutions to your potential patients’ problems and topics relevant to your ideal new patients. Fill up your website with this kind of SEO content via blog posts, videos, and articles.
By providing high-quality content and information, your target audience (potential new patients) will see your level of expertise on the matter. Not only does this help your website visitor, but it also builds up your authority and credibility.
The Steps Successful Chiropractor SEOs Take In The Digital Marketing Space
Now that you see just how search engines can lend small businesses a hand, what are you waiting for? It’s time to begin your local SEO campaign and make the most of this beneficial online marketing tactic.
Step 1: Keyword Research, Keyword Research, Did I say Keyword Research?
Your very first task is to create a list of terms that accurately reflect your clinic and your services. These are called SEO keywords. To get you started, some chiropractor search terms you might want to consider are “car accident chiropractor,” “chiropractic adjustment,” or “spinal manipulation.”
Once your list gets pretty full, go ahead and create an account with Google Adwords. Don’t worry – this tool is completely free to sign up for.
Within Google Adwords, you’ll be able to access Google Keyword Planner. This SEO tool can help your business by providing traffic gauges for each search term. It will tell you the amount of traffic each SEO term drives and also suggest new terms.
Now, you can go ahead and split your Keyword Planner-assisted list into two. These lists will categorize the SEO terms into two groups:
Research intent keyword terms are usually just looking and not quite ready to convert (or buy). They might consider using your services or products down the road, but they’re not there right now. For example, the term “do chiropractors offer facials” would indicate that they’re just curious about the service offerings.
While these SEO terms are lower priority, they’re still useful for your website! These terms are great to include within your blogs or on an FAQ page so that interested parties can learn more about you until they’re ready to buy.
On the other hand, buying intent keywords indicate that someone is ready to purchase, or in the case of SEO for chiropractors, ready to become a patient.
If someone enters a term such as “auto accident chiropractor Sacramento” into Google or Bing, it’s safe to assume that they’ve been in a car crash or have had a loved one get injured in a car crash recently and are looking for chiropractic treatment.
Since these terms usually have immediate motivation behind them, it’s better to focus your search engine optimization campaign on buying intent SEO keywords. You’ll see the quickest conversions with this digital marketing technique. Be sure to include them within your homepage and create full-service pages built around each one. This way, you can appear on Google Maps as a nearby solution!
Any decent SEO team or marketing agency will know about these types of keywords and put them in your chiropractic SEO services campaign.
Step 2: Put Your Chiropractor SEO Keywords To Good Use
Now that you’ve gathered a robust list of buying intent SEO keywords (maybe with a few research intent SEO KWs thrown in), it’s time to put these keywords to good use through SEO strategies. Start by optimizing them in both your Google My Business profile listing and your website.
Google My Business
Your Google My Business profile functions as a mini-website that pops up on the right side of the results page. It also show where you are located on Google maps, and it offers a quick summary of your business and key details, such as your business name, web page address, hours, email address, and office address.
You can boost your search results ranking by filling out the following sections of your Google My Business listing:
- Verification – Make sure to claim your page and follow Google’s verification instructions. You’ll see a checkmark and “Verified” next to your listing’s name when complete.
- NAP – Include a name, address, and phone number that identically matches all web references to your business.
- Categories – Choose the appropriate category that your listing falls under. You should include “chiropractor” as well as other relevant terms like “sports injury chiropractor” or “pediatric adjustments.”
- Description- Create a short description between 100-200 words that shares what your business offers and why patients love seeing you.
- Hours – Include accurate hours of operation.
- Images- Add an image to boost digital marketing engagement.
You should also pay attention to your website and optimize it for search engines using your list of SEO keywords.
Begin by focusing on your homepage as well as service pages. Later on, you can then focus on optimizing your blog, FAQ, and other pages. Here are some quick tips for these top 2 important website pages:
- Homepage: Make sure you include a title tag that includes the SEO term “chiropractor,” as well as your practice name and the city you’re located in. Also, add a main headline that is concise but descriptive of your geographical position. Finally, include pages between 500-1000 words that describe your experience, background, and services. Don’t forget to include a “Contact Us” section for a higher conversion rate.
- Service Pages: Give each service offering its page. From there, focus on buying intent SEO keywords and include them throughout.
Step 3: Develop Citations and Links
Citations and links will help improve your Google rankings and increase your website’s search results reach.
Citations refer to your listing within a directory of businesses. This could be large, like Yelp or Facebook or other social media accounts you may have. It could also refer to small lists, like a local Chamber of Commerce site. Check to see which sections are driving the most traffic, and set up your NAP listings there.
Inbound links from authority sites with credibility in Google’s eyes are a great way to build relationships with other complementary companies and boost your rankings. To motivate cross-promotion, offer to swap links and promote each other’s business.
Step 4: Reviews, Reviews, Reviews
Online reviews are essential for chiropractic SEO on two different levels:
- First, they tell Google that you are running a legitimate business, complete with happy customers.
- They also convince potential prospects to give your business a try.
To get the fastest boost in rankings, direct your patients to leave online reviews on your Google My Business listing.
Step 5: It Must Be Measured
How can you prove that you ran a successful local search campaign without the results to show for it? To see just how good your content creation and SEO for chiropractors was, focus on these three main metrics:
- Rankings – Use Google Search Console (a free tool) to check your rankings and search engine visibility at least once a month.
- Traffic – Track website visitors through Google Analytics each month. Look for long-term trends.
- Conversions – Track different levels of conversion with Google Analytics. Find out which pages are performing the best and the worst. Tweak accordingly.
Ready To Get Started?
Armed with the understanding of how SEO can boost your practice’s success, you’re now ready to try out all you’ve learned. Take your time as you work through the process, and be sure to complete each one entirely before moving on to the next.
If you are looking for a reliable company for your chiropractic website, don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re a digital marketing agency in northern California that specializes in SEO and PPC. We help small business owners across the country with their SEO.